These chocolate protein bars are gluten-free, grain-free, can simply be made vegan, and make an superior balanced macro snack. You could make these as a part of meal prep, or take pleasure in them as a healthy deal with that tastes like dessert.
Hi pals! I hope you’re having an excellent week thus far and I’m sending all of my prayers to our pals in Texas proper now. If you’re in search of methods to assist, check out this link.
The Pilot has been caught at his crash pad for 2 days within the blizzard – his flights had been canceled this week – however I’m grateful that he’s been secure with all the loopy climate occurring.
For at this time’s submit, I wished to re-share this recipe as a result of it’s such an excellent one and so handy for busy days. I like to make at the very least one healthy snack to have readily available every week and that is considered one of my faves! It tastes like dessert and is filled with protein: chocolate protein bars!
You want this in your life.
These are tremendous straightforward to place collectively, and I really like that they’ve a pure sweetness + superior texture from baked sweet potato. They’re an ideal element for meal prep, plus are gluten-free and balanced in macros.
Here’s the recipe in case you’d like to provide them a strive!
Chocolate Protein Bars with Sweet Potato
A scrumptious and healthy deal with that tastes like dessert. I wish to have 2 squares for a sweet, protein-dense snack. This one is gluten-free and has an superior texture with no added fats. Check out the notes beneath for vegan possibility.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1/3 C sweet potato flesh (from a big baked sweet potato. The canned stuff doesn’t style nearly as good)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 chocolate bar, melted (can use a double-boiler in case you’re feeling fancy, or a glass bowl within the microwave. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stopping to stir in between)
- 2 scoops protein powder of selection (I used vanilla Garden of Life; chocolate can be superior, too)
- 1/3 C brown rice flour (or any gluten-free flour)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 t baking powder
- pinch salt
- pinch cinnamon
- Sweetener of selection if wanted (maple syrup, honey, Stevia, coconut sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a small baking dish (I used an 8×8 dish) with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- Mix all the components in a big bowl. Pour combination into the baking dish and easy with a spatula.
- Bake 20 minutes, or till toothpick inserted within the “cake” comes out clear.
- To make these vegan, be sure that to make use of a vegan chocolate bar, and substitute 3 chia or flax eggs for the common eggs. To make the flax or chia egg, mix 3 tablespoons of both chia or floor flax with 3 tablespoons water.
Nutrition stats could be discovered right here. (6 servings // 88 cal per serving // 10g carb // 5g protein // 3g fats // WW sensible factors: 3)
Please let me know what you assume. 🙂
Have an ideal day and I’ll see ya within the morning with Friday Faves.
Photos: Ari at Well Seasoned