Hi associates! How’s the week treating you? I hope you’re doing effectively and hanging in there with all the things occurring. I’ve to confess that it’s been a bizarre week-ish for me. All of the adrenaline has melted away and I spotted that we’re doing a marathon as an alternative of a 10ok. (Not that I assumed it could be short-lived however the truth that we’re on week 6 has type of punched the air out of my sails. I actually can’t think about doing the space studying factor for an additional month, however I do know we’ll make it occur.)
It’s been devastating to see those that have misplaced jobs, family members, and are experiencing true hardships. There are people who find themselves working to the bone right now, and though I can’t genuinely really feel their struggles, I’m all the time the empath, and completely really feel it in my coronary heart. I see the usguy driving round and really feel like crying. I’m right here at my home with our two lovebugs and though I’ve to feed them 80 instances a day and clear up every time, I do know we’re in a great place.
Even so, I’m a believer in feeling your emotions, and I’ve felt a bit blah with all the things. If you are feeling the identical method, simply needed to let you’re not alone.[I’m also at a point where twinning with the dish towel was amusing to me, so there ya go.]
For at the moment’s put up, I needed to share among the things which might be keeping me sane right now:
– Walks, walks, walks. We stroll each.single.day, typically 2-3 instances a day because the women are obsessive about driving their bikes. The recent air feels superb, particularly since we’re within the candy spot in Tucson the place it’s not a scorching oven outdoors, and the vitamin D is sweet, too. I really feel just like the walks profit everybody, particularly me. I additionally realized that I can take heed to a podcast or Audible with one headphone whereas we’re outdoors, so it provides me one thing to look ahead to within the morning.
(Sabino Canyon was perfection yesterday)
– Watching extra TV frequently than I’ve in most likely a decade. By the tip of the day, I can’t do a lot of something that requires mind energy. It feels looks like pure luxurious to stoop onto the sofa and watch TV. (Before this complete state of affairs, it wasn’t unusual for me to go 2-3 weeks with out watching something on TV. I’d work at evening and skim for a bit.) There’s SO a lot good things on the market! I’ve watched senseless enjoyable (Love is Blind and Tiger King), substance (Unorthodox), outdated films (National Lampoon’s Vacation, Pretty Woman, Groundhog Day), and caught up on exhibits I used to like (The Voice and Shameless). I’m undecided if my TV behavior will stick to me after that is throughout, however I’m loving it right now. On the identical notice, I really feel method higher when I keep away from the information. I finished scrolling by information articles on my cellphone so usually all through the day and it’s made an enormous distinction in how I really feel. Instead, I’ll test the information each few days or so.
– Eating sweets and ingesting wine. My candy tooth is in overdrive and I’m again to ingesting wine 3-4 instances per week (not each evening however we’re getting shut) as a result of it’s all about survival mode right now. The women and I’ve been baking a ton and I’ve simply been dwelling my life and consuming pure frosting and chocolate chips. This is a season of grace and all of us simply have to do what we have to do to lower the stress on ourselves and domesticate pleasure nevertheless we will. For now, sugar and wine are bringing me pleasure, so there ya go.
– Zoom calls and cellphone calls with family and friends and driveway visits at nana’s home. It’s been so good to get again into the artwork of the cellphone name. I gab with my mother for most likely an hour a day, name Kyle just about on daily basis, and love catching up with girlfriends on the cellphone or Zoom. We’ve additionally visited my nana a number of instances and provides her “air hugs” from the driveway. We had a picnic in her driveway yesterday (we took her Chick-Fil-A and she or he sat away from us in a foldout chair) and it was good to simply sit within the sunshine and go to along with her from afar.
– House initiatives. We figured that it’s the proper time to sift by some home initiatives we’ve been wanting to finish. We’re utilizing Havenly to revamp our Master Bedroom – I’ll share some pics of our lounge that they did! – and we’re additionally taking a look at constructing a pool for the summer season. We have a fairly lengthy record of things we wish to do to the home, together with portray the cupboards, so it’s been good to crank by them. It’s a superb distraction.
New patio furnishings and twinkly lights:
So inform me associates: how are you feeling this week?
Anything random that’s serving to you keep sane throughout this insane time?